SDCXTRA RADIO

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pinky Lee - Television's Poineer that Created TV's Variety Show Platform

Words can not do justice to this bizarre artifact. Make sure to watch the whole thing--it is utterly surreal. It strains the imagination to fathom the intentions of those who produced this thing. What were they thinking? Not for the Weak of Heart -- Greg Carmack




Fast paced is an understatement. I would use the word frantic. As a side note, should they really be donating a crying doll to an orphanage ? The Pinky Lee Show -- Karltonthedoorman  

Well? I honestly think it's better than "I Love Lucy". Well?? -- Classic_TV_and_Radio_Fan  

I had not seen this show since the 1950's. I have wondered what ever happened to him. I was about 6 years old when the show was on TV in 1955. It came on about 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon and Howdy Doody came on right after it. I remember sneeking up from afternoon naps to watch it and getting caught one time by my grandmother. How times have changed, it wouldn't even get on the air these days. Memories from the 50's -- Ricky Dee  

What the producers and performers of this show where thinking was to have an entertaining show for children. Pinky Lee was a former burlesque comic and I have to admire his energy and ability to keep the show moving along! I think it was nice of them to gift children of a children's hospital (not an orphanage) with a doll that was popular with children at the time. I cannot find anything "surreal" about this show and cannot imagine how anyone could unless they simply fail to understand this was a life television show, something the current knockleheads doing TV have no idea how to do, performed on a stage designed for children with a live audience of children. Good Stuff. -- drdee51  

Loved this show as a kid and it's still fun 50+ years later. Just wanted to answer the question of what ever happened to Pinky: he lived well into his 80's (1907-1993), bless his heart! You can get the story here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498035/bio - Big thanks to whoever uploaded this one! Where's Pinky? -- flatdisk

No comments:

Post a Comment